Wednesday, May 30, 2007

BOTTOM-UP APPROACH... LITERALLY

My pals jeered me for that shameless blabber i posted before- so i suppose i have to show them i learned my lesson. They wanted me to stop being so pompous. Fine- I'm all ears. I am exercising the bottom-up up approach: you listen to people's aspirations first before taking any action.

And my immediate action is- to recognize what other people seem to do so well naturally, whilst i am cornered with my incapabilities. Bottom-up approach once more... literally.

Here's the story. The ladies at my usual haunt have been committing such obvious a folly concerning this new bloke who happened to show his "cute" BOTTOM up last week. Bottom in capital letters: it brought great impacts, that's why. They talk about it incessantly. Or to be exact, they *giggle* about it incessantly.

So everyone is enjoying their selves hugely in this yummy -if not scientific- discussion on his sexual appeal- and i'm unjustly excluded. Because i'm clueless. They made me look at that allegedly gorgeous bottom- and i saw nothing. I mean of course I saw his bottom -covered in jeans- yet i lacked (still do) the capability to exercise any judgment regarding its beauty. I am sexually stupid.

But then perhaps it's something i could even flaunt. Moral values. You shall not judge a book by its cover, nor a man by his bottom. Bottoms are just skin deep.

I remember the riot over recent Miss Universe pageant in Mexico. People yelled that beautiful or ugly, women should not be an object. If you really believe in the equality of gender, you will tell those drooling ladies that beautiful or ugly, his bottom should not be an object. Then the never-ending hilarious break-time discussions -in which i have no say- will be coerced to stop.

But of course nobody really believes in the equality of gender. Nor anybody cares enough to dispose of their rich heritage of checking the opposite sex out just for the sake of this vague concept.

So the male members of our society will continue assessing me by the size of my cups and the female members of our society will continue celebrating some bloke's famous bottom surreptitiously. (Surprisingly sounds almost like the equality of gender itself, don't you think?)

The giggle and the whispers shall thrive. And these dignified ladies -me included, attempting to excel at this art- shall keep on stealing glances at his anatomy: bottom, chest, arms, shoulder, nose, eyes.

Thighs? Of course not. It's a bottom-up approach :-)

End note:
I sincerely hope this post will not be perceived as some "sexual harassment" towards one particular Mr. X. Sexual harassment? Pious girl like I am? Huh.